mercoledì 22 dicembre 2010

After the BIG adventure, now rest in the capital city and then heading north

I spent 4 days in and around Pakse, with a great 2 days motorbike ride through waterfalls, coffee plantations and ethnic villages! I did many things during these 5 months, lot of adventure, but this time, for the first time, I was pretty scared....

After 1 night in the village of Tad Lo, where I did elephant riding in the waterfalls, I took the way back to Pakse, but since my map was not scaled and not really clear, I start to ask to local people which was the way to head Pakse via Pakxong. As usual, people in little villages don't really speak english, but with a good body language and few words, I thought I was in the right direction. Completely wrong!! First doubts come to my head when the off-road finished and I found myself blocked in front of a big dam closed... fuck! nobody told me about that before, and there was no mention neither on the map or on the lonely planet.... after 10 minutes waiting, a little man wake up from a little box and came to open the door, so I start to ask him if I was in the right way, and he did confirm it.... wrong!! fuck!!! I realized it when I passed the dam, the road was so tiny, dirty and dumpy that was almost not possible to keep going, so I try to go back but the door of the dam was closed and the man on the box too far to listen my clacson. So I said, well, let us have some adventure, keep going and find this fucking city on myself.... big mistake man... I ended up with finding this city after 5 hours and 50 km of difficult off road, under a hot sun, I get my arms burned and I always hoped my motorbike not to have any flat tyre or empty gasol, there was nothing on the way, just some farmer sometime to ask indication.

By the way, I am happy now to have done this and what I learnt is that does not matters what people says, if you are not sure 100% keep asking before taking weird decisions, and to bring sunscreen protection and a lot of water when you travel alone with motorbike! Cheers!!










Nessun commento:

Posta un commento