lunedì 4 ottobre 2010

Lijiang & Tiger Leaping Gorge

Wow, again a lot of time since last login, this time I had had a lot of problems even to enter my google e-mail, but this is China!

About Lijiang I don't have much to say, it is nice, part of UNESCO and bla bla bla, but it looks fake and it was so crowd of chinese tourist that was a real mess, with lot of loudy bars and so on. I better spent my time in the close old town of Shuhe and even better in the old Baisha village, more authentic experience.

After Lijiang I decided to have a stop on my way to Shangri-La for a 3 days trek on Tiger Leaping Gorge, the deepest and highest in all China. For the first time since I have start my trip I was really alone, it was not easy, I did not have technical equipment, I did not hire any local guide, I did not buy maps, I did not know what to expect and I get lost few times in the middle of nowhere, I had hot sunny, rains and wind, a lot of wind, but it was one of the best experience I had in China so far.

Now I just arrived in Shangri-La, I can only say that the 3200 mt altitude and the lack of oxygen make me sleep almost 18 hours per day, sooo nice!


Lijiang top view

Road to Baisha
Baisha old lady
Ready for trekking on Tiger Leaping Gorge
Tiger Leaping Gorge
Tiger Leaping Gorge
The King of Tiger Leaping Gorge

2 commenti:

  1. Lack of oxygen can be an opportunity, you can make some exercise, i don't know, maybe running in the morning, swimming inside refreshing water of beautiful rivers or lakes, fighting with scary animals inside ancient dungeons or creepy forests :)
    Keep goin' and post some photo

    RispondiElimina
  2. BTW best way was to sleep, I get a super professional attitude about it. See you!

    RispondiElimina